Domain 3: Elicitation and Analysis
Importance of eliciting information
• Provides supporting information to executives who are into strategic decisions about direction of organization.
• Influence is more successful which is backed with information that supports the goal and enables to finish the work.
• BA elicits information and understands the motivations or goals in conflict and negotiates based on principle or objective facts. BA negotiates behalf of the project team, management or business.
• BA brought to resolve conflict or act as direct mediators for project manager or business manager. In general, conflict arises if there is may misinformation or assumptions based on a lack of information.
• BA identifies and analyzes business processes require need improvement over the course of analysis.