Chapter 10 - Media Using MIDP 2.0 and the MMAPI 1.1
Comparing MMAPI and the MIDP 2.0 Media API
The MIDP 2.0 Media API is a direct subset of MMAPI.It intended for devices with very limited resources running MIDP 2.0.
It has same subset of adopted by other profiles requiring sound support.It include API Requirements:
• Low-footprint audio playback
• No dependence on particular protocols or content formats
• Support for tone generation
• Support for general media flow controls such as start, stop, seek, etc.
• Support for media type-specific controls such as volume
• Support for capability query
The MIDP 2.0 Media API differs from MMAPI in several ways:
• It's audio-only; it excludes all Controls specific to video or graphics.
• It doesn't support synchronizing simultaneous playback of multiple Players using a common time base.
• It doesn't support custom protocols by way of custom DataSources, the javax.microedition.media.protocol package is excluded.
• A simplified version of Manager is used.
Comparing MMAPI and the MIDP 2.0 Media API in j2me