Domain IV: Team Performance
Agile Team Performance tasks
In team performance domain, key knowledge addressed below,
• Individuals and interactions over processes and tools are considered more valuable for pre-defined process.
• Business people and developers work together for entire project for more effective.
• According to tuckman’s stages of group development are organized in agile project. Adjourning stage is more effective to complete a task allotted by the team.
• Agile team is highly empowered where they are self-organizing and self-directing.
• By practicing tabaka’s model, the agile team performance is relatively high.
• High performing team has maximum performance to achieve clear and realistic goals for dedicate members. Low performing team identified because of lack of commitments.
• Project requirements are identified through brainstorming, innovation games and parking lot chart by face-to-face communication.
• Agile projects require two-way communication for reducing misunderstanding and create new ideas.
• Cross-functional team works for common goal often self-directed where they are responsible for various function.
• Coaching and mentoring are required to help the team in right direction to achieve organization goals.
• Traditional leadership and management highlights command and control to ensure needs of team members.
• Important tools, concepts, processes are used to build team communication
• Information radiator is the communication tool displays information about current status of agile team or stakeholders in work are which most visible and efficient manner.
• Team space: Discussion between team members collocated not only in same room also virtual co-location is included.
• Agile tooling is the effective method to promote effective communication for low-tech high-tech tools. Osmotic communications are collocating in distributed teams to extract useful parts from conversation.Daily stand-ups are time-boxed meeting focused for 15 minutes for quick update of the project. In daily stand-up , the stakeholders are not allowed to talk during the meeting.
• One of the motivational theories used in agile projects are Maslow’s need theory and Herzberg’s theory. In expectancy theory explains about the specific behavior of the team members for better performance.
• Productivity of the team is measured by team velocity for first little iteration in agile projects.
• Team members having high EQ can narrate people issues in agile project. EQ can be classified into seven parts such as self-awareness, Emotional resilience, motivation, interpersonal sensitivity, influence, intuitiveness and conscientiousness
• Negotiation strategies are adopted to communicate with two or more parties to reach an agreement and resolve conflicts.
• Conflict resolution is inevitable and good for successful agile project focus for win-win strategy.