Togaf Certification Cost
TOGAF Examination fees:
The open group offers two professional certifications for TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Methodology.
o Level 1 - TOGAF 9 Foundation Certification (TOGAF PART 1)
o Level 2- TOGAF 9 Certified (TOGAF PART 2)
Level 1 certification tests the candidate on the knowledge of the terminology and basic concepts of the TOGAF 9 Enterprise Architecture Methodology.
Level 2 Certification tests the candidates’ ability to analyze and application of the TOGAF 9 Enterprise Architecture Methodology concepts.
The certification exam cost for TOGAF 9 Level 1/Part1 certification and TOGAF 9 Level2/Part2 certification is $320 if they are taken separately at different times. If you want to take Level 2 Certification separately then you should have already passed the TOGAF Level 1 Foundation Certification.
Both the certification exam can be taken at the same time and the cost for the combined TOGAF Level 1 and Level 1 exam is $495. In the combined exam the candidates will first do the Level 1 certification which is a closed book exam followed by the Level 2 certification which is an open book exam.
As noted above candidates can save some money by taking the exams together using the combined examination but candidates should know that when taking the combined exam if they pass only the Level 1 certification which is much easier than the Level 2 certification exam they will not be provided with certification for level1 examination. Candidates will be provided certification only after the candidates pass the Level 2 examination.
TOGAF certification are also available in other languages such as Brazilian Portuguese (available only in Brazil), Latin American Spanish and Simplified Chinese (available only in China) .
The examination cost for other language remains same other than Brazilian Portuguese which is 210 USD for part1 and part 2.
The TOGAF 9 certification examination can be written at any Prometric testing center. Some of the TOGAF Accredited Training Course Providers also provide testing on their location along with their training course for TOGAF. Some of the training providers may also provide vouchers for the exam that can be used in prometric testing center.
Registration for the TOGAF Certification exams can be made through the prometric website online by searching under the certifications offered by the open group.
TOGAF Training Costs:
There are many training options available for TOGAFCertification both online and onsite. The open group website provides a list of the authorized training providers.http://togaf9-cert.opengroup.org/atc-register.
Typical cost of training for each level of TOGAF 9 Enterprise Architecture Methodology certification can run from $1000 to $2500 based on whether the training is provided online or onsite. Typically training can run from 2 days to a week in duration.
Self-learning is also a popular option for many to prepare for the TOGAF Certification exams. The official study guide is considered the best resource for self-learning, there are two study guides available through the open group store for each TOGAF Certification levels. Each of these study guides cost $29.95 or they can be bought together in the TOGAF® 9 Certification Self Study Pack which also includes other resources useful for preparation for the TOGAF Certification exams.
Other than the official study guides the below books are available to prepare for the TOGAF certification exams
• TOGAF 9 Foundation Exam Study Guide: For busy architects who need to learn TOGAF 9 quickly - Kevin Lindley
• TOGAF 9 Foundation Part 1 Exam Preparation Course in a Book for Passing the TOGAF 9 Foundation Part 1 Certified Exam - The How To Pass on Your First Try Certification Study Guide - William Manning
• TOGAF 9 Foundation part 2 Exam Preparation Course in a Book for Passing the TOGAF 9 Foundation part 2 Certified Exam - The How To Pass on Your First Try Certification Study Guide- William Manning
There are also practice test that can be bought in the open group store which can used to practice sample questions for certification exam.
Learncertification.com provides detailed study materials, Questions and answers, Multiple Online tests for preparing for the TOGAF 9 Foundation Certification.
The total cost of get TOGAF 9 Certification can run from $500 to $5000 dollars based on whether you prefer self-learning or guided training courses. According to many of the test takers TOGAF 9 certification can be passed with self-learning without attending training course if you can spend 10 hours/week for 2 months to prepare for the examination. But if you have difficulty studying on your own or if your company sponsors the training then a guided certification examination preparation training provided by an authorized training provider may be a better option.
Contents of the TOGAF® 9 Certification Self Study Pack
• TOGAF 9 Foundation Study Guide, 3rd Edition (pdf)
• TOGAF 9 Certified Study Guide, 3rd Edition (pdf)
• TOGAF 9 Part 1 Practice test (pdf )
• TOGAF 9 Part 2 Practice test (pdf)
• TOGAF 9.1 ADM Overview Reference card (pdf)
• TOGAF 9.1 Phase Reference cards (pdf)
• TOGAF 9.1 ADM Steps Overview Reference card (pdf)
• TOGAF 9.1 Content Metamodel Reference card
• TOGAF 9.1 Pocket Guide (pdf)
• Information Sheets on the TOGAF 9 Certification Program (pdf)
• Advice to Candidates Sheet for those attending a Prometric test center
• White Paper: An introduction to TOGAF Version 9.1
• Slide Deck: An Introduction to the TOGAF for People Certification program